Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Happy World Teachers' Day

Teaching may not be a lucrative position.It cannot guarantee financial security.It even means investing your personal time, energy and resources.Sometimes it means disappointments, heartaches and pains.But touching the hearts of people and opening the minds of children can give you joy and contentment which money could not buy.These are the moments we teach for.These are the moments we live for.

Happy Teachers' Day is celebrated annually worldwide.This is the moment when teachers' effort in the teaching-learning process is highly valued.This is a way of showing appreciation to people who nurtures empty minds.A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

Teachers are heroes.Becoming a teacher is not just a profession but a mission.At times you feel like giving up.However, students' ways of showing how they appreciate you as a second mother refuel us. It's fulfilling to see them grow in knowledge with your help.It inspires you when  students hand you flowers, cards and throw you a hug.They even kiss you.

A self-made card given to me by my student Stella
A teacher can't hold his students forever.Learners have to say goodbye to continue their journey and become a person they want to be.But in our hearts, they remain and will be remembered. I myself I never forget all the best and worst educators I had.They have taught me much things.Some of them have even touched me intimately and somehow reverse my viewpoints in life.They're responsible of how I see things around me.The knowledge that they have imparted is priceless.

I'm proud of all the teachers across the world.Keep your light shining.Keep motivating.Keep teaching.

 "A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron" ~Horace Mann

2 comments:

Ty Bolton said...

Another heart-felt post. Teachers aren't recognized enough for their efforts and sacrifice. They are much more than teachers. They're parents, friends, brothers and sisters. I enjoyed the post.

ladyinpurple said...

Thanks Ty for enjoying it.It's really sad to know that some of us are not well-compensated.It's personal fulfillment that matters.Becoming a teacher is a package.el

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...