Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Lingap Center in Tugbok

"Lingap" is a Tagalog word which means "compassionate care". On the last day of 2010, my fellow volunteers and I decided to visit a center that needs help the most.The first plan was to invite poor children with disability that we know in our vicinity.Our very good friend, ate Che works outside the country and initiated the idea of gift giving since it was holiday season. The planned activity changed for some reason. In the end, we realized that we did the right choice.


I always hear people talk about Lingap Center which is located in Tugbok District and the people who stay there. It used to be a temporary place for homeless children. The center accepted children who got lost and were abandoned by their own family. I felt so sad when I saw twenty six mentally retarded people who live in an old house sorrounded by iron bars. Is the family they used to belong got tired of taking care of them that's why Lingap Center is their new home?


If you have too much money or possession for yourself, I'm asking you to give some to those people. The place they are currently staying and the people working with them need our support. If you get to see them, you will realize how good our life is. They rarely have good meals the caretaker revealed.

Let's express our love to needy people too by visiting them and giving them what we can. It was my first time to visit Lingap Center and my heart sank...really sank.

10 comments:

she said...

hi i just bump into ur blog because i was looking for the location of the lingap center in Tugbok :) keep it up ^^

ladyinpurple said...

Thanks she,hope you can visit the center. The people there will be totally happy to see you and your co.

jed garret said...

good day to you. I am planning to work in the center, any inputs on what i need to expect, either better or worse case scenarios happened?

ladyinpurple said...

Hi jed

The living condition in Lingap is very poor. If you ask me? I'd say it needs assistance. One of the people who work there said they have removed the beds for safety purposes. They will reprimand you not to get too much closer to the children and adults who are mentally ill because you might get hurt. I saw some of them walk naked and I felt pity on them :(

If I'm not mistaken there are 2 who are locked in the room because they are highly dangerous to anybody.

That's all I can add because there are things that we should keep to ourselves.

jed garret said...

thanks for the reply ma'am. I'ved seen some videos of the area and indeed you are right. Im just curious how they took care of them. I guess i need to see the area with my own two eyes. Do i need to ride a tricycle from the main road?

ladyinpurple said...

It's really better to be there in person to see the real situation. I don't remember taking a tricycle from the main road when we went there. We just get to the center on foot. I apologize for the late reply. Been busy these past few days.. by the way I'm wondering why your link directs to by fb account..Haven't you got any or personal link to use?

Unknown said...

Hi Jaz

Anonymous said...

Hi There .
Good Day to you , i will be an intern there in Lingap Center. Im glad that you have that kind of love to those kids.

ladyinpurple said...

My friends and I are planning to visit Lingap again before the year ends. If we can't perhaps we will just invite some of them because we will be giving a Christmas Party to some special children and some from Lingap Center might join us :)We would be happy to see you there.

ladyinpurple said...

Hello pud ma'am Gina :) Napadpad diay ka dre mam? jejejejeje See you around Davao ma'am

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...