Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, March 23, 2008

SK Youth Congress

I already attended SK ( Sangguniang Kabataan) Wide Congress for how many times. The First one was on October 22-23, 2004 held at Eden Nature's Park here in my city. Davao City is a perfect place if you want to be closer to the nature. The theme was " Stengthening the SK Vitality".
Here we are
Rose,Grace,Vincent,Me and Dianna We had fun at the wide green grass while taking our break Pose with the natives in the city (natives were only stones)
Sangguniang Kabataan or commonly known as SK Youth Council is the youth legislature in every local village or community. It's compose of a SK Chaiperson as the chief executive and SK Councilors as the legislative council. I was ones an honorable SK councilor in our place. The seven of us approve resolutions and appropriate the budget alloted together with our SK Chairman. The Sanggunian has 10% revenue of the annual IRA ( Internal Revenue Allotment) of the barangay.
Being in this political organization allowed me to mingle to different fellow officials from other places specially in our political districts. Davao City is composed of 182 barangays and in three Districts. So that would mean numbers of youth officials. I'm thankful that I was given in this kind of opportunity because it really helped me to grow as a person. I was trained to face and talk to strangers. Furthemore, it lifted my spirit and self confidence.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...