The road to 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brasil for the Philippine soccer team is really tough. It looks like going through the eye of a needle.The football match between the Philippines and Kuwait is a second round qualifying match in the AFC or Asian Football Confederation. More than 5,000 Filipinos are present in the soccer field in Qadsia, Kuwait to show their support. Aly Borromeo and Stephan Schrock's suspension is sustained so they are not playing with the team.Facing the Kuwaitis is hard because their opponents have the skill.I can see it the way they move in the field.However, Philippine Azkals is working on their defense as best as they could.
- The first free kick by Kuwait didn't make a score.
- Number 4 Kuwaiti player gets a yellow card.
- First goal for Kuwait by player number 20 Yousaf Nasser in the 17'.
- James Younghusband had 2 chances of scoring a goal but was not lucky enough. Kuwait moves fast and the goal keeper is doing a great job.
- Azkals goal keeper, Anton del Rosario is challenged because Kuwait keeps on doing the attack.
- First half ends with 1-0 in favor of Kuwait.
- Jason Dejong of Azkals gets a yellow card in the 55'
- Angel Guirado is temporarily taken out of the game in the 65' because of his aching right leg.
- Player Number 13 Mesaed Nada scored a goal in the 68' and gets a yellow card in the 74'.
- Player Number 11 Fahad Al-Ibrahim gives another goal for Kuwait in the 85' that concludes the score of 3-0.
- Player Number 5 Simon gets a yellow card.
The Philippine Azkals defends bravely but Kuwait's attack is unstoppable. Kuwait dominates the fooball match and there's pressure in Philippine football team. It's obvious that Angel Guirado is physically tired of what he was getting while playing because he was hardly attacked.
Congratulations Kuwait and good luck to the second leg Philippines! If you guys can't make to the 2014 FIFA World Cup, qualifying to the second round is indeed a good development of the sport in the country and inspires young Filipinos to learn how to play football.