Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, October 15, 2010

Water is Life

The day has come.Global conversation through Blog Action Day 2010 has finally arrived!It is indeed an inspiring blog activism that will be trending on the web.Today bloggers around the world write issues about water to catch people's attention and to let them realize how important water is.


Water sustains life but not all of us live abundantly with water.In Africa and developing  countries there's water scarcity while in some parts of the world people abuse the use of it.It takes 6.3 gallons of water to produce just one hamburger while more and more children die because of diseases brought by unreliable water supply. Isn't it surprising!?

I'm one of those ordinary people who can't change big issues such us wars over water, oceans getting polluted and a number of children die due to unsafe  drinking water.However, I can make things better by doing my own simple way in conserving water.I believe I can start in our own household and extending it to my community.

In the Philippines, my city which is Davao has got the most potable water in the country.Our drinking water has been recognized as one of the best in the world too. The richness of our natural resources makes it possible.On the other hand, it's depressing to know that many of my fellows just waste it.  

When will we fully understand water preservation?If it's totally gone? Now is the time to do our step by step movement. I can't imagine having water interruption for a day or more! It rarely happens in our vicinity.I'm lucky to have lived in a place where water is not our main concern. I'm going to be sick if we lack water in our faucets for a week! The people in our place will definitely call the water supplier if the interruption takes too long.

Do you think water can prolong life if we stop getting safe drinking water?We shouldn't wait for that thing to happen before we act. If you believe that water is life then start giving value to water by using it wisely. Remember the people who live in hot places with no  clean water to drink.

2 comments:

Margaret Duarte said...

I wasn't aware that yesterday was Global Conversation Through the Blog Action Day. I also didn't know that Davao Phillipines has some of the best drinking water in the world. Thanks for the information and for posting about the important issue of water preservation.

ladyinpurple said...

You're welcome.

10 days ago I made my pre-post on blog action day 2010 encouraging my fellow bloggers to write about it too.You could have joined us!! Anyway, you can be part of it next year.

The World Health Organization (WHO) guaranteed that the water in Davao City is one of the best water in the world. No need to boil, distill, purify because the water is absolutely complete plus its mineral content and the taste.I've tried it myself when I went to Tamayong..i didn't get sick and the water taste really good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...