Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kevin Lunsmann's Escapes from Basilan

I was about to sleep when I read the news about Kevin Lunsmann's dramatic story on how he freed himself from the hands of his captors. I am happy for him and for his family because his freedom is definitely the best gift they could have this holiday season. I am always interested in reading this kind of articles. I remember some part of Gracia Burnham's book which is In the Hands of my Enemy that tells Martin's idea on how they could escape. Martin is Gracia's husband who was also abducted in Dos Palmas and was brought to Basilan. Martin had told his wife to run away if she has the chance to do it and the most possible time is when taking a bath in the stream. That is how a 14-year old Fil-Am escapes after being held hostage for five months in Basilan.

Kidnap-for-ranson has long been a problem in Zamboanga. I am still hoping that this would come to an end. I would want to read some good news about the southern part of Mindanao.I feel bad to read such news. I understand how it would affect Mindanao and the Philippines as a whole.It was said that there was no ranson being paid in exchange of the boy's freedom.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...