Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Faces of the Down


I was very delighted when I saw the individual photos of the members of Down Syndrome Association of the Philippines (DSAPI) in a frame mounted in a wall at SM Davao last December.The photo exhibit by Artgraphix with the cooperation of Bounce Photography made the people of Davao know that they exist. Exposing these children to public would gain respect and acknowledgement that despite their disability they are able to live a happy and healthy life with the presence of their loving family and the people who value them as part of our society.


We were there during the cutting of ribbon. Some parents could not wait to see the photos. The exhibit lasted for a week. The displayed photos of the kids are for sale for the benefit of the organization. Then the framed photo will be given to the child with his image.I asked my friends and some of my relatives to see the photos. They might like to buy one. To my surprise, all the photos were sold in just three days! That was really good news!


I would like to express my gratitude to all who came and responded to our call. Christmas season was indeed a joyful one to the downs and to their family as well.I might not be as active as I was since I'm no longer in Davao but my heart remains faithful to them. Although I can't join in their activities this year, I always pray for their success.



See more photos : DSAPI Davao Photo Exhibit

2 comments:

EatDrinkBeRunning said...

That is wonderful! Glad all the pics were sold. What a nice cause to be involved in. Bless you.

ladyinpurple said...

yes, I'm happy to be part of it..they just make me happy..God bless u too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...